Electricity is a very powerful force and if you don’t know how to use if or if you don’t use it correctly, then it could cause lots of problems. For many issues, you can simply call an electrician into your home to do an inspection. However, there are going to be times when signs are starting to get too dangerous and you will need to call an emergency electrician in Evanston, IL for help.
When fuses continue to blow
When your house is constructed fuses are used to help keep the power flowing and everything regulated. If something goes wrong the fuse is designed to blow or trip in such a way that the power is stopped preventing fire and damage.
Switches and face plates are warm to the touch
In our homes we use light switches and outlets to work with and manage our power. We plug in our devices into outlets and we turn them on with switches. These switches and outlets are made of metal and plastic. The plastic is used as an insulator to protect you from shock.
If you touch an outlet or a switch and it feels warm or unusual to the touch, you will want to contact an electrician as soon as possible. This is a sign that there is too much power going to those devices causing them to overheat. If they overheat too much, they could spark and cause a fire.
When you are using too many extension cords
Outlets are designed for two devices. However, there will be times when we need to add multiple items to an outlet, extend the outlets range with an extension cord and much more. When these situations occur and you begin to smell an electrical charge or if the devices you are plugging in are not working the way they were designed, then it is a sign that you have a power issue and an electrician should be contacted.